Clark Regional Wastewater District – Operations Manager – Vancouver, WA
Clark Regional Waste Water District (District) is seeking an Operations Manager to join their senior management team. The Operations Manager is the senior leadership position for the operations and maintenance department, working under general supervision from the Assistant Manager. The Operations Manager will be responsible for supervising staff and developing, organizing, implementing and monitoring programs for the operation and maintenance of District wastewater collection system, facilities, and fleet.
· Selecting, managing, motivating, and coaching department staff to ensure the wastewater collection system, fleet and facilities are operated and maintained within established levels of service.
· Ensuring staff are aware of and comply with all Federal, State, and District safety policies and procedures.
· Working with management and staff to develop an annual departmental budget for effective operations, maintenance, and repair of collection system, fleet and facilities, and to plan for future program needs.
· Developing and implementing strategies and work plans to achieve program, departmental and organizational goals and objectives.
· Procuring goods, equipment, materials and contracted services and monitoring and approving operational expenditures
· Managing collection system operations, maintenance, and repair; recommending and implementing changes and improvements to optimize programs
· Managing fleet and facilities operations, maintenance, and repair; recommending changes and improvements to optimize programs.
· Collaborating with other department managers for planning, design and construction of new facilities and the restoration and replacement of existing facilities.
Why consider joining the team at Clark Regional Wastewater District?
· We are a customer focused professional utility! The District is devoted to providing superior and highly professional customer service to everyone we provide services to.
· We are invested in our employees! With a rapidly expanding population and infrastructure, we recognize equipping and developing our diverse population of employees is key to tackling new challenges, and delivering efficient and effective service.
· We are committed to providing a healthy work-life balance for our employees! Our generous paid time off program and robust benefits offering are complimented with a history of providing a stable yet challenging work environment.
· Our location is ideal! Located in SW Washington, our employees enjoy access to affordable homes, a wide variety of outdoor activities, impressive school districts, and a foodies paradise at their doorstep. A quick skip across the river to Portland, an hour drive to the mountains or the coast, Vancouver Washington is a great place to work and live.
· We are passionate about our community! Whether it is growing food together in our community garden to donate to the local food back, presenting at public safety fairs, or participating in local parades the District strives to give back and engage with our community.
· We support healthy communities! SW Washington is growing rapidly and we are proud to play a key role in supporting economic development along with managing and protecting our valuable water resources.
· We are big enough make things happen, but small enough to know everyone! Every employee has the opportunity to make a real difference in the work that we do every day.
The District values its employees and their families and we want to make sure you have the resources to grow professionally and stay happy and healthy. For this reason, we provide the following benefits:
· 100% employer paid medical, dental and vison coverage for employee and family
· Competitive vacation policy and sick leave
· Public Employee Retirement System (PERS)
· Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for medical and dependent care offered
· Educational assistance program
· Training and development
· Basic life insurance
· Long term disability
What Clark Regional Wastewater District is all about:
Our mission at the District is to provide customer-focused, professional wastewater services in an environmentally and financial responsible manner. Formed in 1958, the District serves as one of the largest sewer districts in Washington State, providing reliable, affordable service to more than 100,000 people. We envision ourselves as an active partner in the community, supporting economic development and protecting public health and the environment.
Ensuring residents have access to high-quality sewer service at competitive rates is important to us. Our proactive planning efforts, such as the Discovery Corridor Wastewater Transmission System, have not only supported local economic growth , they have helped to ensure low and consistent rates for our customers well into the future..
We have made additional efforts to safeguard the long-term stability of our customer rates by taking a regional approach to governance and service delivery. Working with Clark County and the Cities of Battle Ground and Ridgefield the District helped found the Discovery Clean Water Alliance, a regional wastewater utility –The Alliance will meet future service demand at a lower cost by sharing infrastructure and pooling local resources. And the District and City of Ridgefield worked together to transfer ownership and operation of the City’s sewer collection system to the District.
Our commitment to using cutting edge technology and sound financial management strategies have resulted in several local, regional and National awards:
· Vancouver Business Journal inaugural Catalyst Award in 2015 for the Discovery Corridor Wastewater Transmission System.
· Distinguished Budget Presentation Award, 2016, and Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting, 1988-2015, by GFOA
· Accredited Public Works Agency by APWA for leadership in public works in 2005, 2009 and 2015 (only Special Purpose District in North America)
· Governor’s Smart Communities Award in 2013 for formation of the Discovery Clean Water Alliance
For more information go to www.CRWWD.com.